We were created by the community for the community. We still largely focus on the four-county area through our competitive grantmaking and leadership efforts, though our donors know no boundaries with their grantmaking.
We first became a metropolitan philanthropic resource in 1954, thanks to William A. Wasweyler, who started a designated fund that supported 21 organizations, two of which were based in Waukesha County. Today, out of more than 1,200 funds, 386 were created by Ozaukee, Waukesha and Washington county donors. Grantmaking to organizations in these three counties have risen rapidly as their populations have increased. The remaining funds are split between Milwaukee County and outside of the metro area.
Click on the links below to learn more about our history of support in the four counties as well as the recent grants that are helping area nonprofits and the people they serve.